0x80070426 error code on machine with Windows xp sp2 RRS feed

• Question

• Howdy -

Having a challenge with a machine that I had to run a "repair" of XP SP2 on yesterday.

Now, I'm seeing challenges with updates from Microsoft Update and/or Automatic Updates not installing.

However, I can download and install updates individually from the Microsoft Web Site

(incidentally, one of the manual updates asked me to run a "genuine checker" to confirm the install was valid - and it came back with a code that allowed the download.

I see all these entries indicating issues with Windows Vista ... how about a bloke with that same code on an XP sp2 machine.

Any help for me?

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 12:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Geary,

First off you are in a Forum for Vista Validation issues and since you Check out as Genuine (you wouldn't have been allowed to download the update, if your XP was non-Genuine) your issue does not appear to be a Validation issue.

Your issue appears to be with Windows Update and Windows Automatic Updates. You can access the Windows Update Solution Center at http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527 

If this does not resolve your issue, you can click the "Contact a Support Professional by Email, Online, or Phone." link in the upper right corner of the Windows Update Solution Center page.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 1:00 AM