Office XP Pro on PC - Validation tool doesn't see it RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I had to reinstall Win XP w/sp2. After that, none of the programs on my computer are on the start menu or customized startup bar anymore.

The message I get whem I click on any of the office program exe files is "...has not been installed for current user". The program then immediately shuts down.

I ran the Office Validation Tool, figuring at least the tool would see the programs were installed. But the results message is "no Office programs eligible for validation were found on this computer".
    I have Googled extensively, trying to find a resolution to this problem - anything that has been noted does not work. I have searched Microsoft's site without results too.

Before I did the Win XP reinstall all the programs- Office XP Prof included, worked just fine.

Can anyone help me? I am at a loss as to how to fix my system. I'm hoping I can avoid a reformat of the drive with a reinstall of all my programs.  Any help would really be appreciated.
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 11:20 PM

Answers

• Linda,

Please run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Test (MGADT) so that I may analyze the results.

By clicking the link below, you will download the MGADT.  Then click the Run button. Then click the Run button again. Then click the Continue button to perform the diagnostic. The Windows tab should show, click the Copy button to paste your report to the clipboard.  Then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum by adding a post in it and pressing Ctrl V (to paste the text). Clicking the OK button will clear the Diagnostic window. Here is the download link:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

NOTE: The data collected with the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you. The information can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you.

Rick

• Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, April 13, 2009 4:30 PM
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 10:13 PM