Executing Sync Framework 2.1 stored procedures RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to reproduce exactly the datasets returned by the stored procedures created by Sync Framework 2.1.  In particular, I would like to reproduce the dataset returned by the select changes procedure

Schematically, the query looks like

USE [<table>]
    GO
    SET ANSI_NULLS ON
    GO
    SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
    GO
    ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[<table>_selectchanges]
     @sync_min_timestamp BigInt,
     @sync_scope_local_id Int,
     @sync_scope_restore_count Int,
     @sync_update_peer_key Int
    AS
    BEGIN
    SELECT [side].[<field1>],
    END

If I try to execute the query from SSMS, SSMS requests me to provide values for the parameters  @sync_min_timestamp, @sync_scope_local_id, @sync_scope_restore_count,  @sync_update_peer_key.

How do I obtain the values  @sync_min_timestamp, @sync_scope_local_id, @sync_scope_restore_count,  @sync_update_peer_key?

I have looked through this forum and I have found multiple discussions but nothing that spells sync framework methods to call or queries to execute to obtain these values.  JuneT does provide a code snippet in his post of 2010/03/05 https://jtabadero.wordpress.com/2010/03/05/passing-dynamic-filter-values-to-sync-framework-collaboration-scenario-sync-scopes/

Does this code snippet accurately reproduce the parameter values used by SYnc framework 2.1?

Howard P. Weiss

Friday, April 10, 2015 5:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Howard,

the parameter values you're after is embedded in the sync knowledge columns in the scope_info table.

what is it you're after querying the changes yourself?

Cheers,

JuneT

Monday, April 13, 2015 8:00 AM