an error comes up when visiting project web access resource center RRS feed

• Question

• Here I have a problem , specific discriptions are as follows:

I have installed Project Server 2007 on Windows server 2008 R2, click this url to see the installation process http://www.planfurther.com/Blog/tabid/182/entryid/4/Default.aspx

but now, when I logon into project web access/resources center to check my resources, the error came:

an error comes up when trying to load this page. please click 'refresh'. If the problem persists, you can contact the administrator

Firstly, the error should not refer to an authority issue since the account i used to logon in PWA is the administrator. And I even added all  authorties to this account to solve the problem but failed again.  

And secondly, i cannot find any error information in the log.

Now I'm looking for help while finding answers through google but get nothing, so does  anybody know about this problem? 

Friday, June 25, 2010 2:31 AM

Answers

• I suspect the issue is happening due to Win 2008 security settings:

-Remove User Access Control from the server, check the status

-Remove the IE enhanced security, check the status.

-Remove the IIS compression for PWA web application and Service application.

-Check the Event & ULS log after the error occurred.

Thanks Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    • Proposed as answer by Karter.Adam.Li Monday, July 5, 2010 2:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sriram E Monday, July 5, 2010 7:55 PM
    Friday, June 25, 2010 3:24 AM

All replies

• I suspect the issue is happening due to Win 2008 security settings:

-Remove User Access Control from the server, check the status

-Remove the IE enhanced security, check the status.

-Remove the IIS compression for PWA web application and Service application.

-Check the Event & ULS log after the error occurred.

• Proposed as answer by Karter.Adam.Li Monday, July 5, 2010 2:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sriram E Monday, July 5, 2010 7:55 PM
    Friday, June 25, 2010 3:24 AM
  • Thank you Sriram, I tried the way you provided but failed again.

Firstly, I just disabled the two policy: windows UAC and IE ESC, instead of removing, cause i didn't find the way to remove the two components completely

And for 'Remove the IIS compression for pwa web application and Service applicatuon', i'm not very clear. If the IIS compression for PWA web application and Service application was removed, how can the WSS and pwa continu to work?

Addtional, my server OS-windows server 2008 r2- has not been actived yet, is it influential to the problem?

Saturday, June 26, 2010 3:01 AM
  • Hello Adam.Li

I would use this link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc531331(office.12).aspx for more details about installing 2007 on Windows 2008 server.

Make sure it is a trsuted site and that you are using IE 7 or better. That's a requirement.

THe activation does not matter.  I have had several sucessful installation and did not activate the server.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 9:12 AM
  • Hello Adam,

Removing IIS compression will not stop your PWA site. Remove both on PWA web app and office server web services.

Click on the PWA web app --> In the right side, Features view --> Click on the compression

Remove both the check boxes and restart IIS, check the behaviour.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 9:26 PM
  • Thanks Michael, I read the link page very carefully. But there is a small difference between windows server 2008 R2 and windwos server 2008 and the correct installation can be checked from this site. And it is also the installation process sent by MS supporter

http://www.planfurther.com/Blog/tabid/182/entryid/4/Default.aspx

I think there's no problem with my installation but can refer to my configuration

Thank you very much!

Monday, June 28, 2010 6:30 AM
  • Hi Sriram

I have tried the way that removing iis compression for pwa and office server web services but failed again.

Some articles said that this problem may be caused by windows loopback check security feature

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2009/05/07/event-2436-for-sharepoint-services-3-search.aspx

and I undertook the ways to register my url or disable the loopback check, no answer.

This issue has perplexed me for days, whether  should i try the windows server 2003?

Monday, June 28, 2010 6:44 AM
  • I  took these means from you and fixed the problem.

Just remove the compression for office server web service.

thank you Sriram!

Monday, July 5, 2010 2:40 AM