Ghost like issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question on a deployment we got brought in to trouble shoot, so I was not actually a part of the deployment of servers.

The complaint was they did not have the voice piece working. I went in and made the changes to get it up and going.

The one thing that jumped right out at me, was their listen ports on the mediation server. I flipped them and had call processing and all of sudden with the changes on the voip gateway, I had call processing without AUDIO! So I started running traces for audio codes to see why.

Over night the ip’s in the mediation server changed back to where they were the day before, this has happened a few times.

So now I am at point that I cannot get any traffic at all to the voice gateway. On MOC when I attempt to dial, I see the error, “cannot locate user”.

Friday, February 15, 2008 4:03 AM

All replies

• A common issue with Mediation servers is that both interfaces are set to register in DNS.  As a result, you will have connectivity issues because the OCS FE server(s) attempt to make a TLS SIP connection on the interface that is used for the media gateway.  This will cause the connection to fail.  The solution is to disable DNS registration on the gateway interface.

Friday, February 15, 2008 10:24 AM