Hard Drive Size (but for client PC) RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I just got my WHS running last night. I like the idea/functionality of this software.

My question, is since I am moving all my files (pictures, videos, music) over to the server, the server will naturally have a greater need for hard drive space. But if I am going to buy/build new computers and connect them to the WHS, is there really any need for the Client PC to have massive hard drives anymore?

Would you guys still spend the additional money (granted space is cheap) into your client PC?

I'm really digging WHS.

Thanks,

Thursday, November 29, 2007 7:47 PM

All replies

• I would still drop a 320 GB (or so) drive into any home PC. Yes, it's larger than you'll need, but it will give you plenty of room to work with photos, videos, etc. Or to install several modern (=huge) games.
    Thursday, November 29, 2007 10:47 PM
  • I agree with Ken.  With how cheap hard drives are it doesn't make sense to buy anything less then 300 gig or so.  With the way games are, movies, editing, etc., over doing it so you don't have to worry is the better idea.  I've always noticed a nice big hard drive that has a lot of space tends to run faster anyway then a smaller drive that's close to being full.

Friday, November 30, 2007 2:37 PM