SharePoint Folder Names - CRM 2013 / SharePoint 2013 Integration RRS feed

• Question

• I have come across an issue with the creation of SharePoint folders when integrating with CRM 2013.

When a document location is created via CRM the record GUID is now appended to the folder name in SharePoint and this seems to work fine when the folder structure is not "Based on Entity". However, when the folder structure is based on entity (for example, the contact record) the GUID is not appended to the folder name of the contact record if a document location is created for a related entity (e.g. Opportunity) before it is created for that contact.

For example say we have a contact called John Smith, when navigating to documents for this record a folder will be created with the GUID appended, e.g. John Smith_C6C9F77A6E74E3119FE5D89D67649648

However, if I was first to create an Opportunity for John Smith and navigate to the documents for that record I am prompted to create a folder with the location "/contact/John Smith/opportunity/Test_7EE222E07174E3119FE5D89D67649648". So this then creates a John Smith folder without the GUID.

This seems like a bug to me, just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and / or knows when a fix may be available?

Friday, January 3, 2014 12:29 PM

All replies

• I also have come across this scenario. It seems to be a bug.

In our scenario the environment was CRM 2011 / SharePoint 2010 Online. Both were recently upgraded and I uninstalled and re-installed the 2013 list component. I thought it might be a problem related to the upgrade but I cannot confirm. I'm looking at setting up a fresh 2013 environment to see if that is the case.

Was your installation an upgrade or was it vanilla?

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 2:15 PM
  • If you have not yet found the answer...this is a "feature" MS added for some screwy workaround to link the object GUID with a folder in SharePoint (I guess they could not get metadata to work !?). 

I have been using "edit location" and deleting the GUID which creates a clean folder name assigned to the CRM entity and then deleting the screwy folder in SharePoint.  I am sure this could be automated but our needs are sufficiently small to do this manually for now.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:47 PM