Does renewing ADD 12 months to subcription end date or from renewal date? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  Was wondering if there was any downside to applying my retail purchased pin number to my existing subscription to renew it now, or should I wait to enter it until my subscription is almost up.
    Saturday, January 12, 2008 5:11 PM

Answers

•  zigner2 wrote:
    Hi,  Was wondering if there was any downside to applying my retail purchased pin number to my existing subscription to renew it now, or should I wait to enter it until my subscription is almost up.

If you renew with a retail PIN, your subscription will be extended for 12 months from the expiration date.

-steve

Sunday, January 13, 2008 7:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

My subscription is expiring in 21 days and I did not know how to renew the software on line .It also pompt me that me LIve one care also at risk in red colour.Please advise.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 12:29 PM
  •  zigner2 wrote:
    Hi,  Was wondering if there was any downside to applying my retail purchased pin number to my existing subscription to renew it now, or should I wait to enter it until my subscription is almost up.

If you renew with a retail PIN, your subscription will be extended for 12 months from the expiration date.

-steve

Sunday, January 13, 2008 7:28 PM
  •  Simon Seow wrote:

Hi,

My subscription is expiring in 21 days and I did not know how to renew the software on line .It also pompt me that me LIve one care also at risk in red colour.Please advise.

You can renew at http://billing.microsoft.com by signing in with your subscription LiveID (open OneCare and click Help/About to see your subscription ID) and providing payment information or a new retail PIN or product key.

When you open OneCare, it will tell you why it is in red status with a message reporting Actions to take.

If you need help, please contact support.

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Sunday, January 13, 2008 7:30 PM
  • thanks!!!
    Monday, January 14, 2008 9:21 PM