none
Questions about communication using Sora 802.11a?

Question

•      Hi, I'm faced with a problem when testing 802.11a samples. I used the "iperf" tool for testing and found Sora can work quite well with the rate 24M, but on another day it cann't work (e.g. with very high frame error rate) even with the rate 6M. We don't modify any setting and sample code. I'm confused by it. Can you explain this phenomenon for me? Thank you!
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 5:41 AM

Answers

• Very happy to know you have set up Sora communication using 24Mbps data rate.

Your problem is possible and even common. Software Radio is basically very complicated system, it contains both radio hardware part and computer system part with peripheral. Both parts might sometime fall into some imperfect state, for example, imperfect state caused by the change of radio hardware parameters (frequency offset, DC, gain on TX chain and RX chain ...), or unexpected state caused by interference of other software in your computer.

In your case, your system basically works. The problem could be caused by your parameter setting (it changes with time). To diagnose the problem, you can make a dump file at receiver side using "dut dump".

-Jiansong

Saturday, March 10, 2012 3:54 PM