dialing "Work" phone numbers adds a + sign RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can you give me a few hints, because I don't quite understand what is going on.
    We have a contact center and trying to integrate it with OCS. We use 3 digit dialing, 4xx extenstion space. We have configured mediation gateway and calls are getting through from/to OCS. Now, If I dial my extension 423 in OCS communicator directly, it connects fine. On mediation server I see an INVITE sent to our contact center server in form of: sip:423@cc.server.

Now the problem: All of our users have 4xx extension filled in "Phone" field in active directory, so righ clicking on the contact shows you "Work" phone for ex. 423. and if I click on this "Work" phone number, than on mediation server I see the invite message with + sign added ie: sip:+423@cc.server and that is not going through. How can I instruct the OCS not to add the + sign?

Kind regards
    Thursday, April 3, 2008 3:31 PM

All replies

• Have you configured any dialing rules to handle proper normalization of the 3 digit extensions?

Thursday, April 3, 2008 4:16 PM
  • JS> Have you configured any dialing rules to handle proper normalization of the 3 digit extensions?

I've configured Location Profile, Routes to the gateways and ABS normalization rules.
    In location profile I have these rules:
    ^\+?3(\d{2}) --> +3$1   All OCS users have 3xx extenstions
    ^\+?4(\d{2})$ --> 4$1   All Contact Center users have 4xx extensions

And for Routes I have this record:
    Target regular expresion is 4(\d{2})$ pointing to mediation server --> Contact Center

And in Company_Phone_Normalization file I have entries for
    3\d\d --> 3$1
    4\d\d --> 4$1

So I guess my question is, what normalization rule is applied when I hit "Call the Work number" button? Where I can read more about how all these normalization rules play toghether for incoming call/incoming caller ID?

Kind regards,
    Alexei

Friday, April 4, 2008 3:08 PM
  • Hi,

When you dial a number, the normaliztion rules match the number itself, not whether it's work, home, mobile, etc. So the rule that you have there for the numbers starting with 4 looks right to me... and it shouldn't be adding the plus.

A couple of ideas:

1) changes to normalization rules don't take effect until you stop and start the front end. have you done that since adding the "4" normalization rule?

2) if you really can't seem to fix it within OCS, you may be able to write a rule in your voice gateway or contact center that strips the plus out for you.

What kind of call center are you integrating to / what voice gateway are you using?

Regards,

Matt

Sunday, April 6, 2008 1:43 PM