none
Number field additional category RRS feed

• Question

• I want to add "Contactless" and "Apple Pay" to the number field on the Transaction Form. I can manually enter the detail, but would like them as a drop down option. Any ideas

TheHub2011

Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:31 PM

All replies

• Not what you want to hear, as you can't add options in the drop down - but if there is otherwise some commonality, you can create 2 dummy transactions dated a few months away (so they're easy to find), and use the "Copy to Account" option to finish off the details in the pasted transaction...

or perhaps using "Make recurring" option, may be more helpful.

• Edited by ameridan Friday, July 26, 2019 2:13 AM
    Friday, July 26, 2019 2:08 AM
  • Thanks for your help

TheHub2011

Friday, July 26, 2019 7:25 AM
  • Microsoft has discontinued development of 'Money' and none of us can modify drop down lists.

I use notes (code) in the Memo field and customise Reports to filter on the code in the Memo field; I suggest you try this idea.

Teabag

Friday, July 26, 2019 8:47 AM
  • Thanks for your help

TheHub2011

Friday, July 26, 2019 10:51 AM
  • I suspect that a skilled Windows programmer could figure out how to do this kind of change.  See this post:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/34be9f59-8bf2-4250-9572-ba6df46062fc/hacking-ms-money-dialogs-to-be-more-usable?forum=money

Although it concerns a totally different change, maybe the programming tools mentioned could be used to make the number field edit.  Note, though, that two other posters asked for the change you requested and there has been no response.

Bill Becker

Friday, July 26, 2019 8:36 PM
  • I did try this when you replied to my first posting on the subject, but had no success. However, thanks for your reply.

TheHub2011

Friday, July 26, 2019 10:45 PM