none
Certificate RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

i passed today my 070-410 and i haven't got my MCP ID yet, no certificate yet,

can someone please explain how long does it take? and if i will receive the certificate on the email?

Regards

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• It can take up to 14 days for you to receive your MC ID.  No you will not automatically get your certificate by mail.  You will need to log into the MCP website and order it.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Marked as answer by Julien.J Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:47 PM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:40 PM
  • Thank you Mr. Wharty,

if i share my MC ID and password is it that big deal? this just to show I've earn those certificate if i apply for a job,

when i log to the MCP site it shows somewhere i can order it ? do they have to charge me for it ?

thank you

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:49 PM
  • Do not share your MC ID and password as this would allow people to modify your MCP status and/or data.

There is a feature on the MCP site where you can share your transcript. This enables you to create a Transcript ID and Access Code to give to people so they can view your transcript.  Here's the link https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/tools/MCPDirectoryPreferences.aspx

You can also create virtual business cards which contain a link to your transcript. https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/

Here's the link to order your certificate(s) https://www.mcpdigitalcert.com/MCPDownload/CertificateManager.aspx

These links are also available on the MCP member site.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

• Marked as answer by Julien.J Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:59 PM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:57 PM
  • Thank you so much Mr Wharton,

is it possible to change the password of MC ID after i receive it ? just to make sure no one can access it.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 11:01 PM
  • You won't get a password when you get your MC ID.  You will get an access code which is used to link your MC ID to a Windows Live account.

Jeff Wharton

• Marked as answer by Julien.J Thursday, March 7, 2013 10:18 AM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 11:02 PM
  • thank you so much Mr Wharty.

a questions, if someone has my MC ID and password, can they steal my exams? is that what you mean?

• Edited by Julien.J Thursday, March 7, 2013 4:53 PM
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 10:18 AM
  • thank you so much Mr Wharty.

a questions, if someone has my MC ID and password, can they steal my exams? is that what you mean?

if it happens, can i still contact Microsoft en ID my self with my MC ID, and they can get my account back?

Friday, March 8, 2013 9:02 AM