Unable to accept live mesh terms of use screen RRS feed

• Question

• When I click on the "I agree" button on the terms of use page, the page just cycles.  Cant go any further.  I tried it from three different computers--all the same behavior.  I am running from a wifi network at my house.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

As a side note, I never could get Live Sync to work either.  Not sure if it is a related problem or not.

Thanks.

Saturday, December 26, 2009 2:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• I'm on a new PC, Windows 7, using IE.  I've cleared the browser cache, but I just can't get through.  Any ideas?
    Friday, December 25, 2009 2:53 PM
  • I'm having the same problem.  I want to log in and download Mesh, but your website keeps pointing me back to the Terms and Conditions.

Yes!!!!  I ACCEPT!!!!  Now, please let me in.
    Friday, December 25, 2009 5:04 PM
  • I can't get past https://www.mesh.com/Web/TermsOfUse.aspx?redir=/Web/Devices.aspx  Terms of Use acceptance page . 
    It loops . 
    I verified that JAVA is working using their web applette. 
    I am trying to register 

Usinh Win7 7100 and Retail 
    Friday, December 25, 2009 10:39 PM
  • There was a server problem causing this issue a few weeks back. See this thread for possible solutions - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/5314805e-2a12-46ab-a224-508337a916b7
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 4:38 AM
  • There was a server problem causing this issue a few weeks back. See this thread for possible solutions - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/5314805e-2a12-46ab-a224-508337a916b7
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 4:39 AM
  • I've been having the same issue,
     1. Tried cleaning cache, didn't help
     2. Tried Second Profile, again no results
     3. Tried no firewall, still no luck any ideas?
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 8:20 AM
  • i tried the workaround ( logout to live login, exit browser, retry) TWICE.
    but it doesn't work :/

Saturday, December 26, 2009 12:56 PM
  • Hello,

I have the same problem, I clear the browser cache, and try with different computer (7 and XP), I try to change the country of my profile but it doesn't works
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 2:20 PM
  • Same here - cannot get past the acceptance page. None of the workarounds I found in this forum does help.
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 2:46 PM

• Thanks for the quick reply, Jim.  I tried the suggested fix, but no luck.  I am trying to set up my new netbook to sync with my main PC, so Mesh would be a great tool (if I can get it to work).  Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Mark
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 3:09 PM
  • I am having the same issue.  Thanks for any help..

Saturday, December 26, 2009 6:49 PM
  • Same problem here.
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 6:50 PM
  • Same Issue as others...
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 6:52 PM
  • Same problem here
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 7:40 PM
  • Same Issue. VERY frustrating...
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 7:53 PM
  • As Jim noted above, this problem was caused by a server issue a few weeks back.
    I don't expect the Live Mesh team to investigate and address this over the Holiday weekend, but I will send an email to Ken of the Live Mesh team.

-steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 12:02 AM
  • Thanks for the prompt response. I am having the same trouble.
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 5:48 AM
  • Hi Forum, If somebody possible give explanation, why when I sign in first time to Live Mesh, have a screen agreement, and when click on “I agree” button, it show some process in status bar, but not move from that screen at all. Try re-signing to different Live ID services: Office Live, Mail, Sky Drive, and Messenger, it is worked fine. What going wrong when I bush that button? Appreciate for advice!

Sunday, December 27, 2009 10:49 AM
  • Me too - same problem.
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 5:18 PM
  • Every time i have clicked " I agree" on this page https://www.mesh.com/Web/TermsOfUse.aspx?redir=/Web/Devices.aspx i cant get any farther it just refreshes page. I have tried on many different computers and no luck. i have also tried every single solution i could find from you guys and none worked...
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 9:10 PM
  • As noted above, there appears to be a server issue of some sort and we'll need to wait for the Live Mesh team to diagnose and correct the problem. I don't know how much traction the problem will get between Christmas and New Year's, but I have alerted Ken of the Live Mesh team and he is investigating.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, December 28, 2009 12:01 AM
  • Looks like it is solved for now.
    Monday, December 28, 2009 11:34 AM
  • I've been away for the week, but I received a message from Ken that a server problem was corrected and resolved.
    -steve
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 7:04 PM
  • Still have the same problem
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 8:24 AM
  • Still have the same problem

Andreas R, how can you have the same problem if you are also having a problem inviting members? If you are at the Live Desktop and have the option to invite members, you can't be having the problem reported in this thread.
    -steve
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:16 PM
  • I'm having this problem.  First ran into it yesterday but still exists today.
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 9:17 PM
  • "John Loyola" wrote in message news:bb8bfeda-c85f-469 e-a7f3-9d5d392bcb39...
    I'm having this problem.  First ran into it yesterday but still exists today.
    The terms of service issue?
    Have you deleted Temporary Internet files and cookies?
    -steve

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:56 PM
  • Thanks but deleting the Temporary Internet files and cookies didn't change anything.  After I go to mesh com and login, I get the terms of use page and can't go past it no matter how often I hit, "I Agree." 

I appreciate your help.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 5:24 AM
  • Hi, John.
    What web browser?
    Is this a new setup of Live Mesh - that is you never used this LiveID for Live Mesh before?
    What format is the LiveID - @live.com, @msn, @hotmal or 3rd party email address?
    What locale is the ID set up for at http://account.live.com ?
    -steve
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:00 PM
  • same problem still exists in February with IE8.
    It was working fine in the past.

Thanks,
    Mike
    http://www.24hsoftware.com
    Friday, February 5, 2010 3:41 PM
  • same problem still exists in February with IE8.
    It was working fine in the past.

Thanks,
    Mike

More info might help....
    Is this a new setup of Live Mesh - that is you never used this LiveID for Live Mesh before?
    Is it a LiveID already used with Mesh previously on this PC? On another PC?
    Can you access the Live Desktop on another PC via the web browser?
    Is the client installed and logged in on any other PCs?
    What format is the LiveID - @live.com, @msn, @hotmal or 3rd party email address?
    What locale is the ID set up for at http://account.live.com ?
    -steve
    Friday, February 5, 2010 4:10 PM
  • You know what? I just tested it and it works today.

How ever, I have a "gift" for you:
    I saw what I did today in a different way from all the other days and found where the bug is!
    All the other days I was going to mesh by typing
    mesh.com (withour the www. )
    that was redirecting me to www.mesh.com but the agree button was not working.
    Today I started directly from www.mesh.com and everything works Ok.

Amazing bug, eh !!! : )

Thanks,
    Mike
    Monday, February 8, 2010 10:47 AM
  • Thanks for the update, Mike. Odd. :-)
    -steve
    Monday, February 8, 2010 1:32 PM