I continually get an error message that says "Error: Unknown error. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020) " RRS feed

• Question

• I always ensure that all the files to be synced are not open.  I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the program.  I set my folder pairs to echo, so all my needed files on the left computer.  I tried to delete all the files from the right computer and echo them all from left to right, but still got the same message.  The program will selectively sync some files and give this error message for all others. 

I also run Kapersky Anti-virus on my computer and have found that only when that program is disabled can I successfully sync any files.  how can I run synctoy and kapersky 2009 at the same time?
    Friday, December 4, 2009 3:12 PM

Answers

• The only resolution for running SyncToy and Kaspersky is to put SyncToy as a trusted exclusion program in Kaspersky.  In Kaspersky, Settings-->under Options on left, select Threats and exclusions-->Under Exclusions, click settings-->Trusted Applications-->Add SyncToy.  No more errors.
    • Marked as answer by Yunwen Bai Monday, December 7, 2009 7:00 PM
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 1:14 AM

All replies

• Will retry sync help ?

thanks
    Yunwen

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, December 4, 2009 6:53 PM
  • The only resolution for running SyncToy and Kaspersky is to put SyncToy as a trusted exclusion program in Kaspersky.  In Kaspersky, Settings-->under Options on left, select Threats and exclusions-->Under Exclusions, click settings-->Trusted Applications-->Add SyncToy.  No more errors.
    • Marked as answer by Yunwen Bai Monday, December 7, 2009 7:00 PM
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 1:14 AM
  • thanks for sharing this info. just want to add a line here to explictly raise the awareness that please analyze the security risks based on your evnerioment when taking this approach.

thanks
    Yunwen
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, December 7, 2009 7:03 PM