none
requesting information from a private AD via a "non azure" .NET web app (SaaS) RRS feed

• Question

• I manage a third party SaaS web tool for a multitude of disparate customers.  I am investigating having the ability to allow this software to have the ability to request information from a customers private AD.

I am just beginning to look at how this may work.  To my novice understanding the customer would have to set up ADFS on their private network and open it up so my non-affiliated third party cloud app would potentially send them, as an example, a SAM account username and password and receive back a "True" or "False" that the user and credentials do exist and are correct.

I have read about shibboleth, DirSync + FIM, Identity Federation, SAML etc... but unfortunately most articles are related to setting up a strict one to one relationship between a private AD and an AZURE AD.  I would like to simply allow this SaaS that serves several hundred customers, to be able to take a username and password and pass it over the wire to a customers AD pool and get a "True" or "False" back.

Is this a pipe dream?

Thank you all

-Pat

Monday, May 1, 2017 2:34 PM

All replies

• Pat,

I've seen the one who always answers Active Directory questions in this forum not for a while. 

However, maybe I could but I see not any part of Visual Basic in your question. 

I suggest you to ask your question in this Microsoft forum which seems to me more suited therefor.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/azure/en-US/home?forum=WindowsAzureAD

Success
    Cor

Monday, May 1, 2017 6:42 PM
  • ok thanks, I'll post there and sorry yes and code samples that anyone was looking to provide I was looking for Visual Basic, but thanks for your advice

-Pat

Monday, May 1, 2017 6:45 PM
  • Hi Pat,

Since this forum is discussing and asking questions about the Visual Basic programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools, and your issue is more related to WindowsAzureAD.
    This link about vb6, please refer that:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/azure/en-US/home?forum=WindowsAzureAD

Thank you for participating in the forum activities.

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 8:51 AM