Match Code update system job RRS feed

• Question

• I see that "Match Code update" system job runs every 5 sec. Can anybody tell me what this job does. Is this sync or async and what's the impact on application performance.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 5:18 PM

Answers

•  

My understanding says that we cannot change the frequency of the system jobs. We can only enable/ disable system jobs.
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

System Job are async entity, MatchCode is a code that is created for every record that a duplicate-detection rule might apply to, used as part of the process of detecting duplicates.

Jim

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:29 AM
  • MatchCode update system job is for duplicate detection.

It checks duplicate values in Contact, Lead & Account entity. This being a system job, runs in background and in async way, that is the reason it consumes negligible memory resources.

Though if you want you can disable "Duplicate Detection Settings", this will remove these system jobs.

Note: This is just for your information, I am not advising you to remove duplicate detection setting.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 10:13 AM
  •  

Amit and Jim

Thanks for your reply. I wonder if there is way to change the frequency. Since in my case, async service/queue manager and the CRM web app reside on the same machine, I am sure any additional processes on the machine will have performance impact to the CRM web app. I investigating some scalibility issues with Dynamics 4.0 within my organization, so reducing or offloading the number of processes on the machine may be of some help.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 1:52 PM
  •  

My understanding says that we cannot change the frequency of the system jobs. We can only enable/ disable system jobs.
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:33 AM
  • Amit

Thanks for your reply. Looks like we should disable duplicate detection and schedule bulkdetectduplicates.

Thanks again

Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:44 PM