CRM 4.0 Go Offline error - The Underlying Connection was Closed (Error occured while refreshing registry cache, cache has been cleared. Exception: System.IO.IOException: No more data is available.) RRS feed

• Question

• My users is getting the following error after they Press Go Offline in Outlook:

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a a received.

After looking deeper into the log files i found the error below:-

Error occurred while refreshing registry cache, cache has been cleared. Exception: System.IO.IOException: No more data is available. at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str) at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.GetValueNames() at Microsoft.Crm.RegistryCollection.UpdateCollection(Object sender, EventArgs e)

We are using CRM On Premise and Outlook 2010. Update Rollup for both server and client is the same.

Does anyone have any idea on this?

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you try solutions here

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:11 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for redirecting.

I noticed the solution there but however all my users are already having Full Access mode currently.

Was wondering whether this is related to the cache(metadata cache) or some registry key issue?

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:15 AM
  • The error was saying :The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a a received.

So can we assume that there is something wrong when the client trying to download/sync down the data from the server at the point of Going Offline?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 1:32 AM
  • Unfortunately, you are behind in your crm version so it could be a challenge to get a response for this.  My suggestion is to run the diag tool and capture a better error message from the trace file generated. I think that the error message you provided might not be associated to this issue. Run the diag tool, reproduce the error and have a look at the trace log generated to find the error and troubleshoot it.

Regards, Donna

• Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:39 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mee Kee Monday, December 16, 2013 1:45 AM
    Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:39 PM