Unable to activate Acer 6935G RRS feed

• Question

• I just tried reinstalling Windows Vista Home Premium on my Acer 6935G notebook. I deleted the recovery partition, so I tried a clean install. My product key is not accepted. I tried the telephone activation, I was told to contact Acer. I tried contacting them, waited for 12 minutes and hang up because I have better things to do.

So, my question is, how is it possible to use my Acer OEM Key on a clean Windows install?

Regards & my apologies for the broken English,
    Maarten
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:35 PM

Answers

• Hello MaartenUreel,

If by 'clean Windows install' you mean you borrowed (or downloaded) Retail Vista software and you are trying to use your OEM Product Key (the key found on the side of bottom of your computer) then, you will, most likely, not have very good luck.

From experience, I have found that using a OEM key in Retail software works about 50% of the time.  I recommend contacting Acer and ordering replacment Recovery software.

You may want to try asking your question in one of the Vista Answers forums (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsvista/) They may be able to provide additional advice

Sorry I couldn't be more help,
    Darin MS
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 10:34 PM