geuine windows issue RRS feed

• Question

• my vista computer has been working prfectly for the past few months. Out of the blue tonight i get a message saying that my product key is invalid for activation/ i looked it up thru google on another computer and it appeared that this is a know issue andi just needed to go to the site www.microsoft.com/genuine and click validate windows. so i have done this and it firstly said it was a genuine copy of wondows so i sighed with relief but then asked me to download a firefox plug in so i did that and installed it, and then it now says  

Validation Incomplete

The validation service is unable to determine whether this copy of Windows Vista is genuine.

it is genuine beside the fact that it was already working for a few months its an hp compac laptop bought from a large computer shop in australia. anyway at the moment i cant do anything on this computer besides going on the internet. its after midnight and i need to wake up in the am do a quick adjustment and its fixed so i can actually do some work. Please help me

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 2:54 PM

Answers

• Thanks for your suggestion. it didnt work in this case as i couldnt access any of the start menu. what did work was going thru telephone activation ang getting another number and entering that, i did have to go thru all the entering and then speak to an operator. thought i would say what worked so someone else would have another thing to try.
    Thursday, September 13, 2007 6:21 AM

All replies

•  

Use the following procedure to reacivate your Windows Vista license:

You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
    (w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing
    Enter.
    The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.

Once you have activated Vista, please

visit: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ and click "Validate Windows".

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 3:08 PM
  • Thanks for your suggestion. it didnt work in this case as i couldnt access any of the start menu. what did work was going thru telephone activation ang getting another number and entering that, i did have to go thru all the entering and then speak to an operator. thought i would say what worked so someone else would have another thing to try.
    Thursday, September 13, 2007 6:21 AM