Restrict Plugin call if record is not created from crm RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a plugin which triggers on create of contact, it does few updates on trigger.

Issue is that i want to trigger the plugin only if it the contact is created manually from CRM and restrict the plugin trigger if the contact is created through the service(external integrated .net system)

Currently we do not have any field to differentiate the record how it is created.

Is there a way we can achieve the restrict plugin call if the record is not created in CRM manually.

Regards,

Rekha J

Regards, Rekha J

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:11 PM

All replies

• createdby is the field which will tell who has created the record.

You can update a field when the record is created externally.

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:38 PM
  • Hi Faisal,

Created by field is the same for both the cases and we do not have any field for storing externally created record identification

regards,

Rekha J

Regards, Rekha J

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:50 PM
  • Do you have list of contacts created by external integrated .net system somewhere? If not then you cannot do anything for historic records however you still have a bright future if you tag a field for externally created records.

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 2:02 PM
  • I agree that creating a flag field is a good way to go. You can create a business rule on the form to set it by default, so you know that it was created via the GUI rather than than a direct API call.
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 2:26 PM