Windows Home Server Install IMG Procedure RRS feed

• Question

• Please provide the detailed installation procedure for the Windows Home Server .IMG file That I just downloaded from MAPS.
    IMG format is not covered by documentation.
    Is there available converter software.
    I have a Pentium 4 with DVD drive and two 120 gig drives that I would like to try out home server on.

Thanks, Dave Roche
    Friday, November 6, 2009 6:51 PM

All replies

• The first thing I would try is to simply rename the file from .img to .iso...

If that doesn't work, you should be able to "mount" the .img file using a virtual drive utility such as Daemon Tools, then use software such as Nero to copy the mounted image to another DVD.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, November 6, 2009 9:36 PM
  • Freeware program Image Burn might help
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 2:24 PM
  • Renaming to .ISO appeared to work. I renamed file in a folder on a hard drive which I download from MAPS - IMG to ISO.
    Then opened it with Roxio updated Roxio software, Burned a DVD which when was readable also recieved a successfull burn statement . When running the disk, The Instructions indicated to put the DVD in the server Machine and Boot. This I did and the Drive started with the White bar and statement "windows is loading Files..." appears on the screen.
    Then the system then didn't proceed to the next step.
    White bar and statement "windows is loading Files..." remains on the screen.

Any help would appreciated.

Thanks
    Dave

Thanks, Dave Roche
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 2:09 AM
  • Hi Dave,
    where you downloaded the image, you should also be able to find a checksum for the ISO. Verify, if the checksum matches that of your image.
    Also sometimes other issues may play a role, such as compatibility of the DVD drive/the hardware. It could help, to change the port to which the DVD drive is connected, or to burn the medium to a different brand DVD-R disk and with slower speed.
    Does the system fullfill the minimum hardware requirements to start Vista PE?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 11:35 AM
  • Thanks.... Perfect..

Thursday, August 9, 2012 11:15 PM