none
Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have recently upgrade my OS to windows 10.In one of my MVC project one login page is there so internally one site is hosted on my local which shows Login page and after login it should redirect to other website which is the same solution.

In first project which shows login page has method called 'Authenticate' which has code as below,

private void Authenticate(string userName)         

{             

ClaimsIdentity identity = new ClaimsIdentity(AuthenticationTypes.Federation);                                         identity.AddClaim(new Claim(ClaimTypes.NameIdentifier, userName));        

identity.AddClaim(new Claim(ClaimTypes.Name, userName));            

ClaimsPrincipal principal = new ClaimsPrincipal(identity);            

var token = new System.IdentityModel.Tokens.SessionSecurityToken(principal);             System.IdentityModel.Services.FederatedAuthentication.SessionAuthenticationModule.WriteSessionTokenToCookie(token); }

So first it authenticates user and then redirects to other website url as below,

Authenticate(model.UserName);                                        

return Redirect({http://localhost:42331});

After calling above redirect method it's showing following popup message and doesn't redirects,

'do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer'? 

and shows to select some APP to open with.If click 'Allow' then does nothing.

I tried following things but it didn't work,

1. Changed 'Change User Account Control settings' to 'Never Notify'.

2.In Internet Explorer --> added as trusted site and checked 'Allow pro-grammatically clipboard access'.

3. In Internet Explorer--> Security -->Allow Active content to run in files on My Computer.

Can you please help me on this.

Thanks,

Ashivni

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Tuesday, June 20, 2017 5:35 AM
    Friday, June 9, 2017 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor. You could ask questions in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us or in asp.net mvc forum.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 12, 2017 9:01 AM