This account is not eligible for transfer. Please sign in with a registered Windows Live ID account (CRM & Customer Portal on-premise) RRS feed

• Question

• I have deployed the customer portal with IIS 7.0 on Windows Server 2008. CRM 2011 update rollup 5. I have created my application with manage.dev.live.com and got all the connection strings in etc.

If I create an invite in CRM for Contact and then browse to http://<myurl>/login?InvitationCode=5FC10F8BD8A14BB78C800089C932ACA8, try loging in with my LiveID then I get an error

I have now tried this on two deployments and I get the same error twice. (so at least I am consistently making a mistake:( )

Monday, December 5, 2011 6:42 PM

All replies

• I have the same error on MS Dynamics Online and I cannot login into Customer Portal. Have you found any solution of your problem? If so could you share it please?
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 12:28 PM
  • Mark,

Please see thread (http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmlabs/thread/99d35e87-0965-45d4-a297-565cbf4558cf), which contains resolution of this issue for Partner Portal (same issue). Please let us know if you still see problems.

Thanks!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 1:28 AM
  • I also have the same issue. I've finally got the live id log in working only to get this error message next.. The live id registration was different from documentation.

The thread you mentioned is a solution for azure environments. The original poster of this thread has the customer portal deployed on a local 2008 server. We also have the solution deployed locally to a server 2008 r2 environment. Our CRM is online not onpremise

I can't get past this issue, lack of documentation for this solution is very annoying! Anyone got any idea what to do next? Or where to register a live id with verfication as the page in the documentation isn't available anymore? I was only able to enter a returnurl under Application settings...

• Edited by rohan_g Friday, February 3, 2012 2:49 PM
    Friday, February 3, 2012 2:48 PM
  • Hi, has this issue been resolved yet? If so could you share the answer?

This is my first time deploying the Customer Portal using Windows Live ID authentication. The WIF is new to me, I am unsure what I need to add to the <federatedAuthentication> area of the web.config?

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:22 PM
  • is anybody get the solution to this problem? plz help me i have the same issue email me at ajayjairth@gmail.com
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:15 AM
  • I managed to get this working after reading the 'Portal Configuration Guide - Windows Azure ACS Authentication.doc' which is available in the Documentation directory of the latest Customer Portal download.

Because the Customer Portal has now moved to using the Windows Azure AppFabric ACS authentication I needed to setup an Azure account and configure an ACS using the Azure Management Portal, then add the appropiate settings to the web.config (Configuring the Portal on page 5). There is a cost involved with this if you are not a MS partner ($1.99 per 100,000 transactions): http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/purchase-options

Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:06 PM
  • Hello Team,

I am facing Explanation: The request timed out before the page could be retrieved. 

After login using valid Live ID. 

I am using Online CRM 2011. 

Regards,

DJ

Friday, February 24, 2012 9:24 AM