Best practice to send report to disabled users RRS feed

• Question

• Few users are not on CRM yet.  They are setup as deactivated users and user lookup on the Account is a look-up to their user record.  They would like a to get an automated weekly email/report showing the activity (appointments, email, etc.) scheduled for the upcoming week for each of their accounts (where they are the user on the Account)

Here the option we thought of.  Can you think of others that are relatively simple to develop?

1. Give them access to CRM and develop a Dashboard
    2. Dynamic worksheet they can save to their desktop
    3. Scheduled report?   can I setup a report schedule to be sent to the user?

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 5:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I will juz tell my opinion on this,

You could create a  SSRS Report with user and meeting date as a parameters with all the activites/meeting etc and can upload in crm as a report.

And create user access and give access to this report to all the users. So one dynamic report can survive the purpose, and users can select their name and filter the dates and can view the report, also can take prints/download.

I have a doubt that your third option scheduling is available in CRM 2013.

Regards, Rekha.J

Thursday, February 5, 2015 6:11 AM
  • Hi,

The simplest option is option 1. If they need to access the account in CRM, they would need access to the system. It would be easier and it will not cause any other major customisations etc.

As the users are disabled users, other 2 options are not valid options.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Minal Dahiya Thursday, February 5, 2015 7:33 AM
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 7:33 AM