none
Add Hotmail Account to Android

Question

• Hello Everyone,

Firstly, my apologies for entering this question in this forum, I am unable to find a forum in the choices offered in which this question can be entered.

I believe that Microsoft is the Host for Hotmail email  and I would ask the following -I have just obtained a ZTE Blade L3 android phone.

I have tried to enter my Hotmasil account details to it but have not been able to.

I am informed by the phone that "Can't finish - Cannot connect to the server"

I would be grateful for any advice how I may ad my hotmail account to this phone.

Thank you,

Regards,

Colinito.

Saturday, August 27, 2016 10:23 AM

All replies

• Hello Everyone,

Firstly, my apologies for entering this question in this forum, I am unable to find a forum in the choices offered in which this question can be entered.

I believe that Microsoft is the Host for Hotmail email  and I would ask the following -I have just obtained a ZTE Blade L3 android phone.

I have tried to enter my Hotmasil account details to it but have not been able to.

I am informed by the phone that "Can't finish - Cannot connect to the server"

I would be grateful for any advice how I may ad my hotmail account to this phone.

Thank you,

Regards,

Colinito.

A variety of settings are available for setting up an Outlook.com type account(Outlook/Live/Hotmail/MSN.com) in email clients on different devices.  Additionally and Outlook app is available for iOS, Android, and Windows Phones/Tablets.

The server supports the following protocols - Exchange, Exchange Active Sync(EAS), IMAP, and POP3.

The usual protocols for 3rd party devices have been IMAP and POP3 though the Outlook app for iOs/Android uses EAS.  The Exchange protocol is primarly for use on Microsoft devices and the Microsoft Office Outlook email client(Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016). 

See this article for the settings and details(Outlook app, IMAP, POP3) on how to setup an Outlook.com type email account(as note Hotmail account is an Outlook.com type account) on different devices using the Outlook app, IMAP, or POP3.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-your-Outlook-com-account-to-another-mail-app-73f3b178-0009-41ae-aab1-87b80fa94970

FYI...the correct forum for your question(not this forum, which is obsolete) is:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-oaddacc

Good Luck.

...winston
    MSFT MVP Consumer Apps

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:39 AM