MS RemoteApp Licensing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I would like to ask you regarding remote app within WHS2011. I just set up this feature but got "error" like my licence will expired after 120 days. My question is, should I buy new licence or I already have CAL within WHS2011 for using remote apps ?

Many thanks for reply!!!

Josef Treml

• Edited by Pepa272 Sunday, August 11, 2013 2:57 PM
    Sunday, August 11, 2013 12:30 PM

Answers

• Windows Home Server 2011 isn't licensed to run Remote Apps as a Terminal Services server, I'm afraid. For what you're trying to do you will need to move to a regular server SKU.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• Marked as answer by Ken Warren Monday, August 12, 2013 12:58 AM
    Monday, August 12, 2013 12:58 AM

All replies

• Windows Home Server 2011 isn't licensed to run Remote Apps as a Terminal Services server, I'm afraid. For what you're trying to do you will need to move to a regular server SKU.

• Marked as answer by Ken Warren Monday, August 12, 2013 12:58 AM
    Monday, August 12, 2013 12:58 AM
  • Hi Ken,

many thanks for you reply, but still don´t understand how is possible that i can use "Dashboard", where is the differnet betwen this and other programs ? I guess this program use remote APP as well. Am I wrong ?

Many thanks

Monday, August 12, 2013 10:48 AM
  • Monday, August 12, 2013 11:34 AM
  • Hi only one last question. The situation now, that I am able to connect only with two users simultaneously will remain after this period will be gone ?

Many thanks for reply

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:05 PM
  • The dashboard is a special case; Microsoft can do anything they like, as it's their license agreement.

As for connecting with two users simultaneously: that is also a violation of the EULA. Your server runs Terminal Services in "Remote Desktop for Administration" mode, which allows two TS connections (plus one to the physical console), but only for administrative tasks, not for regular use by users. Since all administration is to be done through the Dashboard, "administrative tasks" don't really exist, and so remote desktop connections are not really permitted...

Saturday, August 17, 2013 12:20 AM