don't want to access internet to use money 6 RRS feed

• Question

• I don't want to put any of my banking info on the internet.  Is there a way to just open money and use it on my computer, like I do Quicken?
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 5:39 PM

Answers

• You probably mean  "Money 2006 Deluxe", but it would be strange to call that new. I would return it to whoever you sold it to you for a refund. Are you in Canada?

But assuming one were to use Money 2006 to create a new file,  the method is to choose Decline and click Yes when you receive a warning. The page you desribed looked like an EULA, but it wasn't.

You will next be asked about a conventional password.  Click "I don't want to use a password for my Money file" option if that is your choice.

Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:03 PM

All replies

• I think you are confusing Money with MSN.   Money keeps the data on your computer like Quicken does - all the online chatter is regarding GETTING data from your financial institutions, not STORING the data.
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 5:47 PM
  • The reason for my trouble is this:  I just purchased a new "Money 6 Deluxe".  After installing the program my only choices are to sign in to Passport or open the sample file.  I can't seem to find a way to just open a new account, which I will use only for my checking records.  I can use the sample account but can't save it under a different name or lose all the sample names and accounts.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also, thank you very much for your speedy reply to my initial post.

Thursday, February 3, 2011 7:23 PM
  • You probably mean  "Money 2006 Deluxe", but it would be strange to call that new. I would return it to whoever you sold it to you for a refund. Are you in Canada?

But assuming one were to use Money 2006 to create a new file,  the method is to choose Decline and click Yes when you receive a warning. The page you desribed looked like an EULA, but it wasn't.

You will next be asked about a conventional password.  Click "I don't want to use a password for my Money file" option if that is your choice.

Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:03 PM