Silverlight streaming app improvements - multimedia keys and queue jump to/search RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi

I frequently use the silverlight streaming app for listening to music remotely. I'd like to put forward the following suggestions;

• Multimedia keys support - I tend to have the silverlight streaming app window in the background while I work, the lack of support for my multimedia <back/forward/play/pause> keys means interupting my workflow to skip or pause the song - it may seem very minor - but over a 4-hour work period it quickly becomes an annoyance, especially when one is used to quickly skipping forward/back in WMP.
    • My queue/playlists normally number in the hundreds of songs (I like variety) - a quick method of jumping to a specific song in the queue, akin to Winamp's 'Jump to' feature would be most useful.

Hopefully I'm not the only one who'd like to see these implemented.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 4:22 PM

All replies

• On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:22:00 +0000, Master Chronos wrote:

I frequently use the silverlight streaming app for listening to music remotely. I'd like to put forward the following suggestions;

* Multimedia keys support - I tend to have the silverlight streaming app window in the background while I work, the lack of support for my multimedia <back/forward/play/pause> keys means interupting my workflow to skip or pause the song - it may seem very minor - but over a 4-hour work period it quickly becomes an annoyance, especially when one is used to quickly skipping forward/back in WMP.
    * My queue/playlists normally number in the hundreds of songs?(I like variety) - a quick method of jumping to a specific song in the queue, akin to Winamp's 'Jump to' feature would be most useful.

Hopefully I'm not the only one who'd like to see these implemented.

Putting suggestions here in the news groups is not really the correct place
    to do so. To ensure they get seen you need to file them on Connect (two
    separate suggestions). Keep in mind that at this stage of development they
    are not likely going to be accepted for Vail V1.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 4:30 PM