Performance Metrics RRS feed

• Question

•  

Has anyone profiled the Sync framework for performance metrics. ?

Thursday, July 10, 2008 11:15 PM

Answers

• Much of the scenario you describe would be implemented in code that you would write using the Sync Framework and would not really be code that would be executed by the Sync runtime.

I would have to learn more about the scenario you have, but from what you describe I wouldn't call it a typical scenario we hear about as far as using the SyncFramework is concerned. So I think there is a good chance you will have to prototype using the Sync Framework to figure out the performance under this scenario.

Monday, July 14, 2008 6:59 PM

All replies

• Raman, what kind of performance data or metrics are you looking for? Are you curious about comparisions under similar scenarios? Are you curious about how performant the change detection and change application itself is?

Friday, July 11, 2008 5:57 PM
  • Sid,

Thanks for your reply. I was planning on using the sync framework for replication of in memory data in an high performance environment mainly to replicate distributed resource locks and transaction logs in a grid based application scenario.

Eg. If I have n servers. Client 1 connects to server 1 and request a lock on a named resource. Prior to granting the lock the distributed lock manager would replicate the lock request across n servers transactionally.

Meanwhile Client 2 connects to server 2 and tries to acquire a lock on the same resource. It would have follow the same process before the lock is granted/denied.

I was wondering if sync framework would be able to handle this scenario where replication needs are near real time and have to be transactional and if there were any metrics around the throughput and scalability.

I could simulate the scenario and gather metrics but was wondering if someone else has already attempted the same.

Thanks

Raman

Sunday, July 13, 2008 4:43 AM
  • Much of the scenario you describe would be implemented in code that you would write using the Sync Framework and would not really be code that would be executed by the Sync runtime.

I would have to learn more about the scenario you have, but from what you describe I wouldn't call it a typical scenario we hear about as far as using the SyncFramework is concerned. So I think there is a good chance you will have to prototype using the Sync Framework to figure out the performance under this scenario.

Monday, July 14, 2008 6:59 PM
  •  

Thanks Sid.

I will prototype something and upload it on this thread in a few days.

Thanks

Raman

Monday, July 14, 2008 7:08 PM
  • Hi Raman:

Will you share the results of your prototype?

Thanks,
    Josean
    Monday, August 11, 2008 11:17 PM