SOS : DBSyncProvider Queries RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to use the DBSyncProvider class in a client - server scenario. My requirements are that there would be multiple clients syncing with a central DB over WCF. I will also need batching and custom tracking. From what links I have gone through, I have seen only peer to peer sync happening with the DBSyncProvider. I have Framework 2 and 1 installed on my computer and the server DB has to be a SQL Server 2008 instance while the client DB has to be a SQL Express 2008 instance. I have the infrastructure set up and have successfully carried out an implementation that resembles peer to peer syncing as per the MSDN samples. However, I have not been able to incorporate batching into it. I need to have statistics regarding every batch that is upload and downloaded to and from the server.

Can someone give me some guidance on the proper implementation on this ?
    Also, kindly tell me if the stored procs and the triggers for the DBs should exist on both the client as well as the server.

Can anyone provide me a working sample of this kind of architecture ?
    TheStarSailor
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:35 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:12 PM

Answers

All replies