dont find back up file on back up disk RRS feed

• Question

• I used One Care back up and it looks like it worked fine. But when I go to look for the backup file on the external drive, I don't see the file anywhere.  Why? Is it supposed to be hidden?
    Monday, January 5, 2009 12:45 AM

Answers

• Hello erstauss, the One Care backup folder shouldn't be a hidden folder. If you can't find the folder using Windows Explorer open One Care and select "Restore Files". Start the Restore Wizard and select "Restore files from a local backup". If One Care does not find the backups then there might have been a problem and the backup did not complete successfully. If this is the case try backing up again. If One Care finds the backups try to restore some files to a folder on your Desktop just to be sure the files exist and can be restored successfully. You can then delete the folder.
    Jim
    Monday, January 5, 2009 3:48 AM

All replies

• Hello erstauss, the One Care backup folder shouldn't be a hidden folder. If you can't find the folder using Windows Explorer open One Care and select "Restore Files". Start the Restore Wizard and select "Restore files from a local backup". If One Care does not find the backups then there might have been a problem and the backup did not complete successfully. If this is the case try backing up again. If One Care finds the backups try to restore some files to a folder on your Desktop just to be sure the files exist and can be restored successfully. You can then delete the folder.
    Jim
    Monday, January 5, 2009 3:48 AM
  • thanks jim,
    I  found the file.
    Monday, January 5, 2009 4:19 AM