Recording Field Sales Activity RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the construction industry and have a team of field sales people that do nothing but work on building relationships with existing customers.  There are not always opportunities available when they make an office visit but nonetheless I want my people to record this visit in CRM so I can track these activities.  I do not want to enter these as leads and then disqualify.  This seems to be more along the lines of an Activity such as a phone call or appointment.  Is anyone else run across this and how do you handle office visits to existing customers?
    Wednesday, May 20, 2015 3:30 PM

All replies

• I think you are on the right track with using an activity.  Assuming you already have a Contact record for the person/account you are visiting, you could create a new Custom Activity called 'Office Visit'.  Add some custom fields like notes, follow up date/time, etc.

Then the sales rep can just add that activity to the Account or Contact record.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 5:52 PM
  • Just a quick one, why don't you use OOB appointments to capture visits made by them. Create a new field like a two option set to identify if that appointment lead to creation of an appointment.

You can always create a custom activity to map this. However its always advisable to use OOB functionalities.

Hope it helps!

Regards, Abhishek Bakshi If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Check my blog on https://mydynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/

Thursday, May 21, 2015 3:50 AM