Server Error System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When trying to login to the Live Meeting Web Scheduler for the first time (as either domain administrator or my account), I get the following message:

Server Error

A server error has occurred. Please contact the administrator.
    Error Source: System.DirectoryServices
    Error Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
    Error Message: An operations error occurred.
    Error Code: -2147016672

Any ideas?

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 8:44 PM

Answers

• I have found the solution to the error I was getting.

This seems to have resolved the issue and now I can get into the Web meeting area no problem.

1.       After installation is complete, you need to activate Web Scheduler using the same user name and password that you used to activate Web Components on the computer. If you do not remember the user name used to activate Web Components, use the following steps. Open IIS Manager (%SystemRoot%\system32\inetsrv\iis.msc), and then navigate to Local Computer, Application Pools, and LSGroupExpAppPool. Right-click LSGroupExpAppPool, click Properties, and then click the Identity tab. Note the user name under Configurable identity type. You only need the name part of the string. If the user name string is Domain\RTCComponentService, RTCComponentService is what you need to use in the activation procedure.

a.         To activate Web Scheduler on Standard Edition, use the following command line:

LcsCmd.exe /web /action:Activate /role:Meeting /poolname:<pool_name> /User:<user_name> /Password:<password>.

LcsCmd.exe tool is located under %CommonProgramFiles%\Office Communications Server 2007. Use pool_name = name of the computer (for example, computer1).

b.         To activate Web Scheduler on Enterprise Edition, use the following command line:

LcsCmd.exe /web /action:Activate /role:Meeting /poolname:<pool_name> /User:<user_name> /Password:<password> /guest:<guestuser> /guestpassword:<guestpassword>

Use pool_name = Enterprise Edition Pool name (for example, pool1) of which Web Components is part. For the guest user and guest password, use the same guest user account name and password you used to activate Web Components on the computer.

Of course, as it was part of the original documentation, well .... the problem is resolved anyway.

I still have some testing to do from outside our company network, but for now, the main issue is resolved.

Thanks for all your assistance on this issue guys.

Cheers.

D

Monday, May 28, 2007 10:57 PM

All replies

• Hi dreamtribe,

Can you let us know the status of your issue? Did you figure out a solution? Would you share it with the forum? If not, please let us know ASAP and post any other information you may have about your issue.

Thanks!

Friday, April 13, 2007 6:03 AM
  • Due to the lack of response to this thread, it has been locked and marked as abandoned.

Please start a new thread if you have a similar issue. 

Monday, May 7, 2007 6:56 PM
  • Hello dreamtribe,

I am having the same problem with my test install of OCS 2007 Beta.

Did you get a resolution to this issue?

If so, could you elaborate please.

If not, does anyone else have any idea where to even start looking for a resolution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Friday, May 18, 2007 1:56 AM
  • I have this same problem too.
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 5:19 PM
  • Hi Jargos and DamoDBear,

Can you let us know more about your environment?

Are you able to use the Live Meeting client to Meet Now? Are you able to schedule and attend Live Meetings? Do you get any errors when you run the validation wizard on your OCS server?

Friday, May 25, 2007 4:05 PM
  • I have found the solution to the error I was getting.

This seems to have resolved the issue and now I can get into the Web meeting area no problem.

1.       After installation is complete, you need to activate Web Scheduler using the same user name and password that you used to activate Web Components on the computer. If you do not remember the user name used to activate Web Components, use the following steps. Open IIS Manager (%SystemRoot%\system32\inetsrv\iis.msc), and then navigate to Local Computer, Application Pools, and LSGroupExpAppPool. Right-click LSGroupExpAppPool, click Properties, and then click the Identity tab. Note the user name under Configurable identity type. You only need the name part of the string. If the user name string is Domain\RTCComponentService, RTCComponentService is what you need to use in the activation procedure.

a.         To activate Web Scheduler on Standard Edition, use the following command line:

LcsCmd.exe /web /action:Activate /role:Meeting /poolname:<pool_name> /User:<user_name> /Password:<password>.

LcsCmd.exe tool is located under %CommonProgramFiles%\Office Communications Server 2007. Use pool_name = name of the computer (for example, computer1).

b.         To activate Web Scheduler on Enterprise Edition, use the following command line:

LcsCmd.exe /web /action:Activate /role:Meeting /poolname:<pool_name> /User:<user_name> /Password:<password> /guest:<guestuser> /guestpassword:<guestpassword>

Use pool_name = Enterprise Edition Pool name (for example, pool1) of which Web Components is part. For the guest user and guest password, use the same guest user account name and password you used to activate Web Components on the computer.

Of course, as it was part of the original documentation, well .... the problem is resolved anyway.

I still have some testing to do from outside our company network, but for now, the main issue is resolved.

Thanks for all your assistance on this issue guys.

Cheers.

D

Monday, May 28, 2007 10:57 PM