HELP! RRS feed

• Question

• Help! I need sombody!
    Help! Not just anybody!
    Help! You know I need someone like Darin Smith!

I really don't know where to put this but you were the one who sent me to the email support thing so I'm hopping you might be able to continue helping me.

I'm guessing your not reading the rest of the posts I made in my other thread so I'll reiterate my problem. When I go to email support about that KB933928 problem I get a new error:

Error:
    An unknown application error occurred. Please try again in a few minutes.

I've tried again in a few minutes, didn't work. I've tried again in a few hours, didn't work. I've tried again in a day, didn't work. It's been five days and I've done it on three different computers with three different Internet Explorers. Still nothing but the error.

I'm really starting to lose my patience.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:08 AM

Answers

• Well I'll be...when I used United States it did work, thanks a lot and you can mark this answered. I'm surprised Canada doesnt fall under WGA support.
    Friday, December 21, 2007 11:39 PM
  • That is weird,my understanding is that they did support it.

I will escalate this up. Most likely it's something simple like a mis-configured URL, but it's affecting customers and that needs to be fixed.

Thank you and very sorry it took so long to get you to the support that you needed,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Friday, December 21, 2007 11:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Tipsy,

When you were younger, so much younger than today...

I supplied an answer which must have helped you in some way

But now those days are gone, you're not so self assured

And now you find, you're back online, with a problem to be cured...

Yes, when a post is marked as Answered, I generally don't go back to it.   In the future though, if I make one of your threads as Answered, you (as the thread owner) can un-mark it back to not-answered if you still need help.

Now on to your issue:

If I understand correctly, when you go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52029, you receive the error "An unknown application error occurred. Please try again in a few minutes."  Is that correct?

If so, please try the url https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?c1=509&gprid=9860 instead and tell me if you still get that error.

Thanks,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, December 20, 2007 10:22 PM
  • Well to be specific I go to the url and I select my country, accept the terms, put in my name and info then put in the problem and select Vista then click CONTINUE. After clicking continue it goes to the Error which looks exactly like the message I posted last time and theres a little picture of a toolbox and wrench. When I go to the new url you just gave me the exact same thing happens. So no change.
    Friday, December 21, 2007 6:28 AM
  • Hi Tipsy,

Would you do the same thing you tried in the past, but select United States as your country instead. I'm afraid that your specific country may not have a regional WGA support page and the web site gets confused trying to send you to a support page that may not exist for your county.

Note: you may need to delete your browser cookies because once you select your country the first time, that selection gets saved as a cookie so that the next time you go to that page the web site won't ask you to select a county.

Thank you,

Darin

Friday, December 21, 2007 10:08 PM
  • Well I'll be...when I used United States it did work, thanks a lot and you can mark this answered. I'm surprised Canada doesnt fall under WGA support.
    Friday, December 21, 2007 11:39 PM
  • That is weird,my understanding is that they did support it.

I will escalate this up. Most likely it's something simple like a mis-configured URL, but it's affecting customers and that needs to be fixed.

Thank you and very sorry it took so long to get you to the support that you needed,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Friday, December 21, 2007 11:44 PM