reply to "spying on me" RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am sure if call MS you can get it worked out unless you downloaded or let someone else use your disks. I have a Dell MS xp Pro small Business installed on mine and I've never been asked to reinstall one of my disk and if I did it wouldn't be a big deal cause I still have them.
    Monday, July 3, 2006 4:05 PM

All replies

• What are you talking about? Did you read my post or understand it? I'm not being asked to reinstall. I'm being harrassed to install WGA, which I don't want and don't need. One of my other complaints is that I can't REPAIR WITHOUT A REINSTALL, if and when I need to repair! Do you understand? Not that I can't reinstall. It's people like you who make MS number one. You have very low reading comprehension.
    Monday, July 3, 2006 4:12 PM
  • Usuck,

Dell sells the operating system reinstallation CD for $8 or $10 at time of system purchase.  Unless they changed them within the last year or so, you can do a repair reinstallation with it.

I'm not sure what you mean by repair without a reinstall.  A repair on XP is a reinstallation.

Monday, July 3, 2006 4:15 PM
  • duh. Exactly. Would be better if it wasn't. Mac OS can be repaired without replacement. It can also be replaced with data intact, wtihout wiping hard drive. Gates likes to make car analogies. How would you like to have to replace your motor every time it needs an oil change?
    Monday, July 3, 2006 4:24 PM
  • Usuck,

An XP repair reinstallation does not affect installed programs or user data within the documents and settings folder.  No need to erase hard disk drive for a repair.

Monday, July 3, 2006 4:55 PM