Incorrect product key RRS feed

• Question

• I bought 3 broken Fujitsu Siemens computer. Everyone has personal COA of Windows XP Professional. I tried to install original CDs with windows to other computers. I know that CDs and COAs are genuine, but I can not activate my installed Windows XP Pro. How can I activate my windows copy?

I checked my system by WGA Diagnostic Tool and got message from one of computer:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Not Activated
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-2RYH2-3VHWD-6K38M
    Windows Product Key Hash: lq2jJZwZgZdov0rPlhI7rcyMhK4=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2217367-01356
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: a8a97502-f860-4c0c-8a9a-98160d7070d3
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial:
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070006
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-3178-80070002_B4D0AA8B-469-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>a8a97502-f860-4c0c-8a9a-98160d7070d3</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-6K38M</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2217367-01356</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-854245398-963894560-839522115</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>ASUSTek Computer INC.</Manufacturer><Model>P5GZ-MX</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>0601   </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20061130000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>FSC SYSTEM, FUJITSU SIEMENS, FUJITSU SIEMENS, FSC SYSTEM</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>8EFE3C070184E06C</HWID><UserLCID>0419</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GTB Standard Time(GMT+02:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Fujitsu Siemens Computers</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Friday, May 11, 2007 6:08 PM

Answers

• Mike,

If you do not have Internet connectivity, activation problems, or you choose not to activate Windows XP by using the Internet, you can select the “Activate by using the telephone” option. Please follow these steps to speak with a Microsoft customer service representative to active Windows:

1. Click "Start", point to "All Programs", point to "Accessories", point to "System Tools", and then click "Activate Windows".

Additional Options:
     -  Click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area (aka system Tray) located @ the lower far right hand corner.
     -  Clicking "Start" button, then "Run", and type in oobe/msoobe /a, then press the "Enter" key located on your keyboard.

2. Click "Yes", I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.  
    3. Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box, and then click "Next".
    4. When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click "OK". The following message will appear, "You have successfully activated your copy of Windows".

Also reference the following site for various telephone activation centers:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851 Please re-post here should you need further assistance. Thank you and have a great day!

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, May 11, 2007 6:14 PM
  • MikeDN,

OEM licenses for XP are permanently tied to the computer onto which they are first installed and cannot be moved to another computer.  If you are trying to install the Windows XP Pro licenses that came with the three broken Fujitsu computers onto different computers, please be aware that, assuming these are OEM licenses, you are in violation of the End User Licensing Agreement for Windows XP OEM licenses.

From the output of the mgadiag utility, it would appear that you are tring to install a Fujitsu-Siemens OEM SLP copy of XP Pro onto a "clone" or "white box" computer with an Asus P5GZ-MX motherboard.

In order to properly and correctly license the above clone/white box computer, you need to purchase an OEM license for XP, or a full retail license for XP.

Friday, May 11, 2007 6:40 PM

All replies

• Mike,

If you do not have Internet connectivity, activation problems, or you choose not to activate Windows XP by using the Internet, you can select the “Activate by using the telephone” option. Please follow these steps to speak with a Microsoft customer service representative to active Windows:

1. Click "Start", point to "All Programs", point to "Accessories", point to "System Tools", and then click "Activate Windows".

Additional Options:
     -  Click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area (aka system Tray) located @ the lower far right hand corner.
     -  Clicking "Start" button, then "Run", and type in oobe/msoobe /a, then press the "Enter" key located on your keyboard.

2. Click "Yes", I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.  
    3. Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box, and then click "Next".
    4. When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click "OK". The following message will appear, "You have successfully activated your copy of Windows".

Also reference the following site for various telephone activation centers:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851 Please re-post here should you need further assistance. Thank you and have a great day!

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, May 11, 2007 6:14 PM
  • MikeDN,

OEM licenses for XP are permanently tied to the computer onto which they are first installed and cannot be moved to another computer.  If you are trying to install the Windows XP Pro licenses that came with the three broken Fujitsu computers onto different computers, please be aware that, assuming these are OEM licenses, you are in violation of the End User Licensing Agreement for Windows XP OEM licenses.

From the output of the mgadiag utility, it would appear that you are tring to install a Fujitsu-Siemens OEM SLP copy of XP Pro onto a "clone" or "white box" computer with an Asus P5GZ-MX motherboard.

In order to properly and correctly license the above clone/white box computer, you need to purchase an OEM license for XP, or a full retail license for XP.

Friday, May 11, 2007 6:40 PM