Creating a new field in Account Source RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

How to create a new field (item) in Account Source. I'm in SALES>>ACCOUNTS>>CREATE NEW ACCOUNT. When creating a new account, on top right of the page, it says Primary Contact and below it says Account Source. When you click on Account Source the following items are showing and you have to select one of them.

Email Marketing, Search Results, Social Networking, Item

I would like to add a new field instead of the above. Please provide instructions how. Thank you. 

Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:37 PM

All replies

• If you go to the Settings -> Customizations -> Customize the System.

Expand Entities -> Account -> Fields.

Locate the field and double click open open.

Click the "+" button above the options to add a new one.

Save and Close

Publish

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:48 PM
  • Hello Jason, Thank you for your reply, when I clicked on Customizations, it is showing only one feature "Developer Resources". When clicked on that it's showing "Organizations Name" and "Service End Points". What do you suggest ? 

Yasser Mohammad

Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:03 PM
  • It sounds like you don't have access, you would need to request System Administrator or System Customizer access to modify fields.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:19 PM
  • To add to Jason's comment If you are on crm 2011 or crm 2013 You should be doing the changes in a solution. Not in customization. That contains default solution and is supposed to remain untouched. It's not mandatory but a best and supported practice to do changes to an entity in a solution only. If it's crm 4 then you don't have solution concept there. It's customization only that you should look for Thanks.
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:23 PM