Unmanageable drive and folders - stuck at "Refreshing list of items" RRS feed

• Question

• Home Server 2011 had been running pretty well for a few months, but recently I lost the ability to access anything in the Server Folders and Hard Drives tab.

When I try the Dashboard opens to the page but displays "Refreshing list of items" in the Folder/Drive pane and stays like that indefinitely.

I can move to other parts of the dashboard ok and everything else seems to be fine, except for that one (rather important) function.

I'm beginning to get a little desprate for a solution now, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Simon
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 3:13 PM

Answers

• The only Add-on I had was My Movies, however the problem seems to have resolved itself this morning.  I can't say why that I haven't changed anything over the weekend.

Now that I can get into the folders page I can see the several of the default folders are missing. I have successfully reassigned these, but is not clear why they got corrupted or redirected.

Thanks for your help

Simon
    • Marked as answer by Simon Hudson Wednesday, June 6, 2012 9:07 PM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 1:41 PM

All replies

• Do you have any other add-ins installed? If so, try opening the Dashboard and checking the box to allow which add-ins are loaded and then make sure you start the Dashboard without them.
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 3:25 PM
  • The only Add-on I had was My Movies, however the problem seems to have resolved itself this morning.  I can't say why that I haven't changed anything over the weekend.

Now that I can get into the folders page I can see the several of the default folders are missing. I have successfully reassigned these, but is not clear why they got corrupted or redirected.

Thanks for your help

Simon
    • Marked as answer by Simon Hudson Wednesday, June 6, 2012 9:07 PM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 1:41 PM