VISTA Ultimate / OneCare Install Failure RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully installed OneCare trial on one of my computers running XP with Service Pack 2. 

HOWEVER, when I attempt to install the trial version on my new HP Pavillion running VISTA ULTIMATE the error message is:  UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM   Error ID 0003-80004005. 

It may be that my version of VISTA is the new 64-bit version. 

Any suggestions?  . . . and if the problem is that my version of VISTA is 64-bit, is there a fix for that?

Friday, November 9, 2007 10:33 PM

Answers

• You are correct. OneCare 1.6, the current released version, will not install on Vista x64. However, v2.0 will work on Vista x64 and it should be available shortly. It is currently in beta. If you choose to install the beta, you will need to uninstall it at the end of the beta and install the released version at that time for the trial or purchase.

-steve

Saturday, November 10, 2007 2:00 AM

All replies

• You are correct. OneCare 1.6, the current released version, will not install on Vista x64. However, v2.0 will work on Vista x64 and it should be available shortly. It is currently in beta. If you choose to install the beta, you will need to uninstall it at the end of the beta and install the released version at that time for the trial or purchase.

-steve

Saturday, November 10, 2007 2:00 AM
  •  

I just installed the new 2.0 release on a brand new installation of Vista x64, and after rebooting, the only message I get is this:

"The Windows Live OneCare service is not working or has been stopped. To correct this problem, try restarting your computer. If the problem persists, contact support."

I'm a technical person, and have tried re-installing, starting the service manually, etc., but nothing is working.

Any ideas?

Thursday, November 29, 2007 2:28 AM
  • Please contact support for help with this problem - 

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, November 29, 2007 2:43 AM