none
Non-responsive Windows 8.1 NMS

Question

• I have a network managed Windows 8.1 box that is unresponsively slow. It takes a full fifteen minutes to open a folder and accessing the start menu or bar essentially doesn't happen. I've been able to restart the server in safe mode with networking and it responds fine. I've turned off various non-essential services but can't attempt to do the same with a normal boot because of the response/load times, even task manager takes upwards of twenty minutes to load, and that's after the fifteen minutes it takes for ctrl+alt+del to load up the screen to give me the option to launch task manager.

Nothing looks out of place in our Logmein services or process list, and there are no errors in the event viewer outside of

6000: The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> was unavailable to handle a notification event.

and

2003:

The configuration information of the performance library "C:\Windows\System32\perfts.dll" for the "TermService" service does not match the trusted performance library information stored in the registry. The functions in this library will not be treated as trusted.

Has anyone had any similar experiences or is able to point me in the direction of some possible solutions?

Wednesday, May 06, 2015 5:07 PM

Answers

All replies