logging in to eLearning RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Dyno_Doxa--

This definitely sounds somewhat specific to this machine as I can't reproduce the behavior you mention either.  Have you opened a support ticket on this issue or have you just asked the people in the forum about this.  If you have opened a support ticket, I can track it down and contact you.  Just let me know the support ticket number. 

Please let me know and we can certainly help you.

Thanks!
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Sustained Engineering Team
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:23 PM

All replies

• Hi There-

Thank you for reporting your issue.

Can you provide d
    etailed reproduction steps of what you did in order to get the problem/problem.

That would help me further address this problem.

Thanks!
    Alicia

Thursday, April 10, 2008 8:56 PM
  • dyno_doxa said:

with very few exceptions, in the last two weeks I kept getting this page (including now): https://www.microsoftelearning.com/error.aspx, saying "

Error Processing the URL
    Authentication identifier incomplete.
    " when I attempt to sign-in in the page http://response.microsoft.com/P/v3/r.asp?r=T1_Url9&e=102478;176741;39002759;2;02&a=1007; I mention that I deleted the cookie and the cached pages -from the elearning site- to no avail.

Hello-

Just checking back to see if you are still experiencing issues.  If so, please provide the requested info that we can try and assist you.

Thanks!
    Alicia
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:26 PM
  • no, it's ok now... but

pressing "Resume course" starts a never endind download of "a course viewer" which I suspect is the course itself, option which I explicitly avoided !
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:08 PM
  • today [it started to sound like a blog], the viewer is downloading ok ... but
    when the ActiveX starts ... the CPU goes 100%, my Lenovo starts hyperventilating, and "Nothing Else Matters".

now that's something I'd really like to know how it's achieved !
    Friday, April 18, 2008 4:51 PM
  • forget it !
    today we're back on square one, the viewer is downloading endlessly !
    Sunday, April 20, 2008 7:54 PM
  • Hello,

While waiting for my first coffee to hit the mark so I can get started for real, I decided to have a go with the offline viewer.

The viewer installed, I downloaded my next module and I started and resumed the module, all with complete success.

I know that doesn't help you dyno_doxa, but I guess you need to provide detailed step-by-step info on what you're doing in order for the guys to help resolve the issue.

I know it's frustrating to be trying to get this stuff to work on your own - just a few posts ago I was equally unimpressed with the online experience. But the people here do want to help make this work for you.

br,
    Gavin
    Monday, April 21, 2008 8:12 AM
  • ok
    thanks for prompting

1. I go to http://response.microsoft.com/P/v3/r.asp?r=T1_Url9&e=102478%3B176741%3B39002759%3B2%3B02&a=1007

2. I choose the link "Returning Users Sign in" (the Sign In button not working for me)

3. on this page, I click the link "My Learning" and a new window opens full screen, then a small window above it in the center of the screen with a turning clock asking me to be pacient while the viewer downloads.

that's all I do (and done 5 times now)

I'm watching my internet line (in the XP Task Manager Network Performance tab), there a heavy download occurs (at under 512 kbps - not my limit !) until, after 5 minutes or so, I cancel it (because I pay by the MB my internet).

one of the other days this downloading ended in just a few seconds (as it should) !
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:29 AM
  • sorry, I skipped some actions (btw, I have a WIndows XP SP2 and use IE 7.0 - at the latest level of updates, both):

2.a. here usually my password is asked (tho I chosed to be remembered - but I guess that's an IE problem), but not today.

3.a. I get to "My catalog" where I click on Clinic 6190: What's New in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 for Database Development

3.b. a new page - a new dawn -, here I press the button "Resume this course" (or rather curse !)

Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:47 AM
  • Hopefully someone that knows will be able to help based on these steps.

Somehow I thought you were trying to access this content via the offline viewer. I knew I shouldn't have replied before my first coffee of the day.

For what it's worth, I've just tried accessing Clinic 6190 online - as it's free, I thought it wouldn't hurt.
    All seemed to work as expected. I quit, logged out and back in and resumed the course, all without any problems; unfortunately I can't reproduce the problems you're seeing. I can't do any more than that I'm afraid - I'm just another customer.

Out of interest, have you accessed any other elearning material without problems, because this is starting to sound like an environment issue?

br,
    Gavin
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 5:04 PM
  • Hi Dyno_Doxa--

This definitely sounds somewhat specific to this machine as I can't reproduce the behavior you mention either.  Have you opened a support ticket on this issue or have you just asked the people in the forum about this.  If you have opened a support ticket, I can track it down and contact you.  Just let me know the support ticket number. 

Please let me know and we can certainly help you.

Thanks!
    Alicia
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:23 PM