Why cant I directly upload documents to Dynamics CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Why cant i directly upload documents? It keeps prompting me to use Sharepoint...i just want to be able to upload directly from my computer...this seems very stupid and not useful at all.  Salesforce allows for direct upload yet i must have a sharepoint url in order to upload my docs...is there a way around this, or is this one of those microsoft things that makes life much more difficult...it seems if they were going for usability their feature here would be more closely related to that of salesforce. 

there is a demo which shows you being able to directly upload, but this feature is not available.

thanks for the help

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:11 AM

Answers

• Documents can be attached to any record that supports Notes.
    Jerry CRM Innovation - Need a solution for CRM to help you manage Events or Email Marketing? Follow me on Twitter
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:18 PM
  • Sharepoint is only one option.  You could build your own integration using the SDK.  You could expose a document management system through an Iframe, there are open source ones out there.

Lastly, you can upload any document as a web resource if you change the extension to XML, I understand this is kind of hokey, but it has a place for things like Client Certifcate keys and things you need to embed in a managed solution.

Microsoft Dynamics and SalesForce both have their ups and downs.

Jamie Miley
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:20 PM

All replies

• Documents can be attached to any record that supports Notes.
    Jerry CRM Innovation - Need a solution for CRM to help you manage Events or Email Marketing? Follow me on Twitter
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:18 PM
  • Sharepoint is only one option.  You could build your own integration using the SDK.  You could expose a document management system through an Iframe, there are open source ones out there.

Lastly, you can upload any document as a web resource if you change the extension to XML, I understand this is kind of hokey, but it has a place for things like Client Certifcate keys and things you need to embed in a managed solution.

Microsoft Dynamics and SalesForce both have their ups and downs.

Jamie Miley
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:20 PM