Hide Follow up CRM activities from To-Do Bar in Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• In our company we have a standard about creating some follow-up tasks. We use the prefix "[follow-up]" when create tasks and on the outlook To-Do Bar we use a filter to NOT SHOW tasks with this prefix. This kind of tasks appears only on the task list and when a date alert is triggered (reminders). 

We start to use MS CRM 11 with outlook, and one of the amazing features is to right click on a contact/lead flag and set a follow up for a given date. The biggest problem is that this follow up AWAYS show in the outlook To-Do Bar! We try to create any filter and none of them works! Its impossible to hide a crm follow up tasks from outlook To-Do Bar??

Obs: Filter don´t work, but if I use "Conditional Formatting", it works (but I can only change de format of the font used in the follow up... not hide them.

Excuse for my terrible english

Roberto Fernandes

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:24 PM

All replies

• Roberto,

As you would know, the outlook flagging/ categorization and conditional formatting are outlook features and not that of CRM. When you flag a CRM record (contact/lead) it gets tracked in the To-Do bar just as that of an outlook record. There is no CRM platform action here. Check if this helps and consider posting in the outlook forum so that you get expert advice.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Thursday, November 21, 2013 1:11 AM
  • Yes, I agree that it gets tracked as a outlook record... but the point is that I can´t filter it like any other outlook record!

I will ask on Outlook forums! Thanks!

Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:09 AM