MSCRM development RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i am fairly new to MSCRM 4.0 . However my company is organizing a formal 5 day training on Advanced Customization Creating plugins using the Discovery,Metadata service so on ... using visual studio 2k8.I have a basic knowledge of C# (OOPS) .However when i picked up the book programming with Microsoft CRM it seemed greek to me probably because i have never worked on the .NET environment . I have 5 days before the training starts Can u please guide me the portions of  .NET i need to cover up to make sense of the training I don't want to be staring blank at the trainers face . Kindly respond ASAP...
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 2:21 PM

Answers

• Hi

I would recommend you start out simple, create a small console application, make it create/update/delete and retrieve an account. You'll need to understand the basics of the SDK

Calling the web service
    How to use QueryExpressions
    How to  use FetchXml
    Dynamic Entities

Running through a small scenario will help you understand, for example create a simple app that let you manage contacts within an account. This will cover all of the above.

XrmLinq - LINQ to Dynamics CRM http://www.xrmlinq.com - The smart way to query crm
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 9:14 PM