WinFX error during install RRS feed

• Question

• During installation I get an error that WinFx could not be installed and that the installation has failed.  Does anyone know if this is a hardware issue or a bad DVD/software issue, any ideas would be appreciated.
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 3:12 PM

Answers

• That error is most likely due to poor media, or a hardware error. If you can I would check your cables, or maybe swap your DVD drive out. What speed did you burn WHS? I would recommend burning it at 2x or 1x.
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 3:48 PM

All replies

• That error is most likely due to poor media, or a hardware error. If you can I would check your cables, or maybe swap your DVD drive out. What speed did you burn WHS? I would recommend burning it at 2x or 1x.
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 3:48 PM
  • I got this error when I took my cd out to do a driver install.  Once I put DVD back in it started the setup again right at the WinFX part and I've not had any problems since.

Dan
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 4:34 PM
  •  DannOh wrote:
    I got this error when I took my cd out to do a driver install.  Once I put DVD back in it started the setup again right at the WinFX part and I've not had any problems since.

Dan

I had the exact same experience.

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:10 PM
  • Thanks for the input.  I downloaded the software again and burned a new image and that took care of the problem.  Thanks ALL
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 3:12 AM
  • I got the exact same error message earlier... just burning another dvd now, at a slower rate to see what happens... :)
    Friday, March 9, 2007 7:35 PM
  • Bingo :) Burn a 2nd disc at 4x speed, all sorted - quite amusing watching the box reboot after reboot after reboot... One can only assume further down the development of WHS, the whole system becomes a lil more integrated and fewer reboots are necessary...
    Friday, March 9, 2007 10:01 PM
  • I had the exact same problem.    dl'd the ISO again, and this time used the same DVD drive to install on the server box that I used to burn it on my main computer.   I do find it odd that so many of us experience the fault in the same place...

Either way, it *seems* to have helped (or at least gotten me past the WinFX barrier that has stopped the last 4 attempts at installation....   I think we may have it!

R

Saturday, March 24, 2007 2:06 AM