none
How to build an application/System RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Refer to the heading above, I have just finish my degree in software engineering recently but I am having a problem of  getting a job due to lack of commercial experience. So  I am looking for some ideas from experienced developer who can advice how to go about. If there is any free online training to build small application plse share with me. I have been to the several interview but no luck .I hope to hear from you guys

• Edited by nyamgaya Saturday, September 12, 2015 11:01 AM
    Saturday, September 12, 2015 10:58 AM

Answers

• Many of the Microsoft Virtual Academy courses offer free training and include sample projects. Often these courses will create a large project along the way using the technologies they are describing in the course. More information can be found here: Microsoft Virtual Academy

Other .NET sample projects can be found through the MSDN Developer code samples page: https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/

However, building these projects is only the first step to achieving a job as a software developer. Many employers nowadays are looking to see if developers are active in the developer community. Do they have a GitHub account? Do they share their code? Do they contribute to other open source projects? Demonstrating a pattern of involvement will provide you with a portfolio of code you can show during your interviews.

Sunday, September 13, 2015 3:25 PM
  • If you know how to write Apps for the App Store, write an application and upload it to the Store. If it is any good, you may make some money out of the sales. Even if it doesn't sell much, you can still mention it in your CV or your interviews to demonstrate your experience as a developer of a commercial application.

If you are a developer of web applications, develop your own web site to promote yourself, publish it at a free web hosting provider and show it to your potential employers so that they can see your abilities as a web developer.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 6:50 AM

All replies

• Many of the Microsoft Virtual Academy courses offer free training and include sample projects. Often these courses will create a large project along the way using the technologies they are describing in the course. More information can be found here: Microsoft Virtual Academy

Other .NET sample projects can be found through the MSDN Developer code samples page: https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/

However, building these projects is only the first step to achieving a job as a software developer. Many employers nowadays are looking to see if developers are active in the developer community. Do they have a GitHub account? Do they share their code? Do they contribute to other open source projects? Demonstrating a pattern of involvement will provide you with a portfolio of code you can show during your interviews.

Sunday, September 13, 2015 3:25 PM
  • If you know how to write Apps for the App Store, write an application and upload it to the Store. If it is any good, you may make some money out of the sales. Even if it doesn't sell much, you can still mention it in your CV or your interviews to demonstrate your experience as a developer of a commercial application.

If you are a developer of web applications, develop your own web site to promote yourself, publish it at a free web hosting provider and show it to your potential employers so that they can see your abilities as a web developer.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 6:50 AM