DEMO III - Problems with Webservice N-Tier RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, i've got a little question.

My server is ruznning under Windows Server 2003 with SQL Server 2000. The webservice as seen in the example is up and running in an IIS 6.0. I get the wsdl from every machine in our network environment.

My development system is VS2005 (no service pack, i cant install), .NET 2.0 and ADO services 2.0, SQL CE 3.5 beta, Sync RT CTPv1.0.

So i can download any changes i made by hand in the database on the server, to the client. But if i insert/remove/update the rows at the client application the server doesnt recognize my changes, verythime an error occurs. So my question is now:

Can i use the frameworks above to build an n-tier synchronization or not? Do i need something different?

Please help me.

Thank you very much.

Marcus
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 9:29 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Monday, November 26, 2007 2:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Marcus,

You seem to be running into the issue discussed in this thread. Check it out and let me know if you still have issues.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:31 AM
  • Hi, thank you very much for the above posting. It helped me to solve the problem. I get no errors anymore... But:

I get an error after i deleted some rows at the client side, after i click the synchronize button. The error message says that ther is a "commit transaction" without a "begin transaction".

Can you help me again to solve the above problem?

Thank you very much.

Marcus
    Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:46 AM
  • Is there any Help for me?
    Friday, November 30, 2007 8:25 AM
  • Hi Marcus,

I did not see that before. What version of Sql CE you have installed, Beta 2 or RTM?

Thanks

Friday, November 30, 2007 10:14 PM
  • Hi, no problem :-)

I've just installed the software you've posted in the above messege (look here).
    Can you help me? Thtat would be very very nice :-)

Greetings from Germany

Marcus
    Monday, December 3, 2007 8:15 AM
  • Hi Marcus,

Can you delete the existing db file on the client and create a new one?

Thanks

Monday, December 3, 2007 7:04 PM
  • Hi Rafik,

yes I can!

Thanks

Marcus
    Tuesday, December 4, 2007 7:44 AM