CRM 2011/Customer Portal - Edit button doesn't show on the browser for Content editor RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I trying get the "Edit" button on the Customer Portal to appear, but can't get it to work.

I have changed the authentication type to SQL, which is using the aspnet db, and added the Customer Portal Administrators Web Role to my contact, but I'm not sure why the Edit button isn't showing on the browser. I have .Net 3.5 SP 1 installed, and reading up on other forms, I have also added <baseAddressPrefixFilter> tag in the web.config file (not sure if I need this). Everything else on the portal is working fine, ex. cases, product registration, events, manage profile, etc. But this is one of the important features of Customer Portal I need working.

Please help, thanks!

Monday, January 21, 2013 8:11 PM

All replies

• That sounds correct.  One important thing is that the role name match the one in your web.config as well as the site setting in your CRM org (Security/AdministratorsRoleName), and from the name above, it looks correct (Customer Portal Administrators).  Please edit your profile on the website and validate in CRM that you have the correct contact - just in case the portal is using another contact record for you.  Another suggestion is to recycle the app pool for the portal in case you have some issues with stale data in your portal and you haven't gotten to the stage where you have set up your cache invalidation mechanism yet.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com

Monday, January 21, 2013 9:12 PM
  • I'm sorry, but I'm completely new to CRM 2011 and Customer Portal. I don't have the role name in the web.config file, I didn't see that in the instructions. Where am I suppose to add that in the web.config file? and What role do I check in the CRM org? 

I have the cache invalidation setup, and portal does update my contact in CRM since there are only 5 contacts setup in CRM right now.

Monday, January 21, 2013 9:49 PM
  • Shan,

I still haven't been able to fix this problem, but now I have a new problem with Customer Portal. The site works fine when I deploy it on the CRM server, but when I move it to a web server it breaks. The site won't read the css files, I have pasted a link below with the image of the correct and incorrect layout. Please help, thanks!

http://imagecloset.com/t/388134

http://imagecloset.com/t/388135

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:34 PM
  • Fixed the issue with css not working. It was missing the Mime Type Service in IIS, so installed it from the Server Manager, add a web server role and checked Static Content.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:55 PM