Problem of interaction between the phones connected on a callmanager and office communicator RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have set up a system based on Exchange server 2007, a front end ocs server 2007, a mediation server and a callmanager 5.1. On the callmanager we have installed a sip trunk and a route patern to allow the communication between the mediation server and the callmanager.
    When we use office communicator to call an other user: his phone rings and his callmanager popup a message.
    But when we use a phone to call the same user, only his phone rings. The office communicator doesn't react.
    I would like to know if it's possible to configure this functionality?? and how could i configure it??

thanks

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 2:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To do what you want, you need OCS to monitor your phone line: to do this, you can use third part product like Genesys GETS or Cisco CUPS.

It will translate JTAPI monitoring to SIP message for OCS understand.

I did implement GETS for CCM, still working on CUPS to make it work.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Christof,

Can you share how you configure the route pattern on the call manager? I have the same setting but without the route pattern. I am able to call extension from OC to OC but the phone just won't ring.

Thanks.

Thursday, May 3, 2007 2:20 AM
  • Hi,

To do what you want, you need OCS to monitor your phone line: to do this, you can use third part product like Genesys GETS or Cisco CUPS.

It will translate JTAPI monitoring to SIP message for OCS understand.

I did implement GETS for CCM, still working on CUPS to make it work.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:39 AM