Problems with viewing uploaded files RRS feed

• Question

• I have just installed Mesh, created a folder and then up loaded an excel test file. Also up loaded a couple of jpeg files as well.

When I click on the Jpeg pictures, in the live desktop, a media window briefly opens with a back screen and two arrows but then goes just plain white and no picture!

When I click on the excel file I get '' Internet explorer cannot download PMBR etc from enclosure.mesh-dl.com. Internet exploer was not able to open this site. THe requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.''

OK this may be so, but given that I get no picture either ( with no message) is there something wrong with my approach here? Running Vista.

Thanks
    Friday, November 6, 2009 8:36 PM

Answers

• How did you upload the files? Did you make a local folder a Live Mesh folder and then place files into the local folder, letting Live Mesh upload them to the Live Desktop? If so, the files may not have fully uploaded and you are clicking on incomplete files or placeholders on the Live Desktop.
    If you uploaded the files from your PC to the Live Desktop directly, but then cannot open them, try resetting your IE to default as a setting may be blocking the ability to view the files. The Excel file should prompt you to download or open the file. If you select open, it downloads and launches Excel. To reset IE, go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    • Marked as answer by kensm [msft] Tuesday, December 1, 2009 10:19 PM
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 2:04 AM